Thursday, January 2, 2020

The Heavy Lift

Happy New Year - Drew Sheneman


Optimism is not exactly something that’s just lying around on the floor, waiting to be picked up. It’s something we have to work for again. It’s a heavy lift, but a necessary one. All we have as we enter 2020 is, well, us. - Charles P Pierce in Esquire

Tuesday evening, New Year's Eve, as I was standing in the shower, getting ready for work, I had the thought that 2020 was going to be a year of loss. I don't what that means. I'm not generally a pessimistic person. I'm not prone to premonitions, like Gaby, nor am I the unrepentant cynic like my bff Ted, but I just haven't been able to shake this idea from my mind. I wouldn't know how to discuss it with anyone. It's just there. And I don't know what to think or do about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment