Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just Another Fun-filled Night

What is it about wedding parties that they just won't go to bed???? I had four pages of inventory to do! I didn't have time for all that! Mike from security got the worst of it, though. He couldn't sit down to eat his dinner because of all the noise complaints, and then to top it off, someone pulls the fire alarm at 2:20am. Now we have guests in pajamas coming downstairs through the kitchen. Of course it's a false alarm. Ms. 323 reported that she heard two young drunken male voices outside her door daring each other to do it.
Mr. and Mrs. 407 have had enough. After being moved from 319 because of air conditioning problems, they found the fourth floor full of noisy partiers. The fire alarm was the last straw. They were nice about it, but Mr. valet ticket #---182 called for his car, packed up the family, and left in a huff.
Thing is, on the night shift, we have a certain number of tasks which have to be completed before we can leave. Our overnight houseman (who was helping Mike), our front desk clerks and I were so far behind we thought we were ahead. When our AFOM got to work, he read the report and offered to let the overnight clerks work his shift, and he would just go back home. Fat chance!
Lunch for me consisted of a package of donuts and a cup of coffee at about 6:00am, but I didn't get out of there till about 8:00. Now it's almost noon, and I still haven't wound down. I'm so glad I have the night off!

No comments:

Post a Comment