Saturday, October 17, 2009

Runnin' Rings 'Round the Metro

A few nights ago, we went to Kohl's department store and bought a couple of suits. (For some reason Gaby didn't want to get married in a t-shirt and jeans.) This was the first time I'd seen Gaby dressed up. He looked so sharp. We used my new Kohl's credit card, leaving just enough credit to buy the rings later.

Tuesday night, we went back to Kohl's and found a ring we liked--even better, they were having a buy one get one free sale. Unfortunately, they only had one size nine (as luck would have it, we both wear the same size.) So we went back home and got on the computer to see if we could get them online. But no, even with the expensive express shipping, they would be arriving at our house while we were in Iowa. I was beginning to believe that I had just waited too long to do everything.

So we called all the other stores around the metro. Turns out that each store only carries one in each size. The Moore store had a size nine and a size ten. Gaby thought he might be able to wear a size ten, so Wednesday night we drove down there to try it. It was wa-ay too big. Worse, all the b.o.g.o.f. signs had been taken down. I asked about it, and the clerk said that the sale had ended yesterday. Oh, no! But that the sale on Friday was a 50-60% off sale. Oh, yay! And she could hold the ring for us till then. Oh, double yay! So we hurried back to the Edmond store and had them hold their size nine as well.

I was so excited about this that I pulled up the Kohl's webpage on the computer at work and was showing everyone the picture of the ring. Lots of Oohs and Ahs, even from the guys.

Friday morning, I headed south to Moore, got there ten minutes after the store opened, and hurried to the jewelry department. The same clerk was there (training a new salesgirl. I realized at that moment that she was a manager,) and got the ring out before I could ask for it. And on this sale, it was 55% off. Oh, triple yay! Several minutes later, I was picking up the ring at the Edmond store as well.

I had seen online that The Surprise was still available, but I couldn't order it till 10:00. I messed around a bit, going to garage sales and such. Then when it was time to call, I got put on hold for 13 minutes. But now it's bought and paid for and we have to be there at the right time to pick it up or it goes away with all my money. It's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment