Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ephemera

I love surfing blogs. To me it's a lot of fun just to see what people are interested in and what's on their minds. But I get really amused by the huge number of neglected and forgotten blogs that are out there. For instance, Bob, from Norman, OK, writes, "Hello, world!" That was on May 13, 2005. We haven't heard from him since. Another Bob, also from Norman, writes,
"Well here we go again. I'm trying this whole blog business for the second time around." Since that's the only entry on his blog, and it was written back in October of 2005, one has to wonder about his first attempt. I find this at once funny and sad.
With that in mind, I have griped at Stephanie and Gaby about their lack of new posts, especially since Gaby has a lot to say about the situation in Mexico and how it affects his family. His blog would be a great way, not only to let them know how the problems are viewed here in the U.S., but to keep them up on what's going on in his life.
So he has started posting again. And what does he write about? Mostly he's just complaining that we're still on dial-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment