Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family Reunion


I've reestablished contact with a cousin of mine that I haven't talked to in years. In fact, the last time I remember seeing him was in '89 or '90 when he stopped in at the restaurant I was working in at the time. Since then there have been a few emails, but I barely knew about anything going on in his life. We missed each other at the family reunions. He and a fellow everyone presumed was his partner came one year, I came the next, and there were no more after that.
When we were kids, he and his sisters were our main playmates, and for my brother and me PaulDebbieandTammy was just one long word. His youngest sister wasn't born until after the family move to a farm outside a small town some thirty miles away. We were part of the same social group when they moved back in the late seventies, but we never had the same kind of relationship again. He moved away for college and career, and though his family still lives here it is rare that he gets a chance to come to visit.
He sent me a picture today of himself and his partner, Mark. (He asked me not to post it). I'm hoping that we can keep up a correspondence. Thirty years is a long time to catch up on, but I want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment