Monday, May 18, 2009

Carrot Shows and Newt Regina

It is a few minutes after 6:00am, and I'm typing this from the business center of the Doubletree Hotel in Dallas. Gaby is still asleep upstairs, and I'm doing the best I can with my wierd sleep schedule. I woke up hungry and with a headache. The hotel has no vending machines, but they give free chocolate chip cookies at the front desk.
We're here to visit friends. Another weekend would have been better, but I promised Gaby we'd come this time, and so here we are. For one reason or another I was not able to make arrangements for our stay, so we had to go through Gaby's BF, Marlene, who works here at the Doubletree, for the hotel. If I had made the arrangements through my hotel, I think it might have cost about $40 less, but this place is really nice, and the room on the 18th floor has a nice view and a comfortable bed. A sign in the bathroom reminds us to use only one towel during our visit because "When you care, it shows."

It's been a long time since we've been to Dallas. The museum was to open the King Tut exhibit in a couple of days the last time we were here, and we were hoping to get a chance to see it. We arrived last night only to find out that yesterday was the last day, and the show is closed. However, there will still be things to see, places to do, and people to go, so there won't be a lot of down time on this trip. I just hope that my sleep time, or lack thereof, won't have the bad effect that it had last time.

adendum 9:30am
I left the business center and went back up to the room. While waiting for the elevator, I got a look at myself in the mirror there, and found that I had been amongst the early risers with a pillow-hair mohawk--which,btw, does not look good with a bald spot.
I got another hour or so of sleep before Marlene called us down to breakfast. In our bathroom, they have some Neutrogena products that corrected all my hair problems. Breakfast was wonderful. I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment