Sunday, May 10, 2009

Impatience 1

I want a vegetable garden. I don't know anything about working a garden of any sort, but mi novio is very good at that kind of stuff. So he goes out to the garage and finds some 1x12s and makes a 4'x8' fence, digs out a patch in the yard, and puts the fence around it, burying it about 4" deep. Then he tells me we need to spend about $70-$100 on supplies. I don't know why we need to spend that much because my Grandma's garden was just a plowed area of her yard. But if he says so, that's okay. Just as soon as I have the money.
So we had an art show this past weekend, and did pretty well. Then the next day I got my tax refund check. Then Friday was payday. So I have the money. And he knows I have the money.
So he's going to say, "Hey, I'm going shopping for garden stuff. Gimme your debit card." Right?
No. He got some planks out of the garage, laid them across the fence, covering the dug out patch, and put his potted plants on top of it. Why? Because he can't wait for me to go to the bank.
Now, he's going to read this and say, "But you didn't tell me..."
And I'm going to say, "Why do I need to tell you something you already know?"
And he's going to say "[ad naseum, ad infinitum]."
And I'll roll my eyes and walk away.

adendum 5-13:
It was carefully explained to me that it was all my fault. Mm-hm.

1 comment: